Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Caldecott Book: Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale


Citation: Willems, M. (2004). Knuffle bunny: A cautionary tale. New York: Hyperion Books.

Questions: 1. What did you like or dislike about the book?
This story shows the lengths that a parent is willing to go to do something for his or her child.

2. What in your life may have influenced your reaction or response to this book?
This reminds me of the time I lost my favorite hat in the St. Louis Arch. I was very young (about
3) and we never found the hat. I did get over it though! It also makes me think of when I used to go to the feed store with my dad; I thought I was such a big help!

3. How would you compare this book to another book or books, or book or books by same author?
Other books by this author include Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, Elephants Cannot Dance!, Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy, plus a lot more.

4. What new thing (information or insight) did you learn about children's literature in reading this book?
This book reminds children of experiences that they may have had and perhaps will evoke memories of their own first words. This book gave me the insight that children’s literature really strives to make connections in any way to a child’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment